Q.5 (ii):- Write a note on good practices towards conserving forest and wildlife.
In the conservation of forests and wildlife many good practices have been evolved over the years which are social-cultural on one hand and legal on the other hand such as,
1. Worshipping of many sacred trees.
2. Worshipping of many sacred animals because of their ecological importance.
3. Use of flora and fauna in religious functions.
4. Making of National Parks, Wildlife Sanctuary and Bio-Reserves to protect endangered species of plants and animals.
5. Implementing laws / acts to forbid killing and cutting of trees, make such acts punishable etc.
6. Involving mass media to highlight problems associated with environmental degradation.
7. Running community awareness programmes such as Vanmahotsav etc. from time to time.