Q.14:- Workers are exploited in the unorganized sector. Do you agree with this view? Give reasons in support of your answer.
Yes, workers are exploited in the unorganized sector because
1. There are no fixed numbers of working hours. The workers normally work 10-12 hours without being paid overtime.
2. They do not get other allowances apart from the daily wages.
3. Government rules and regulations to protect the labourers are not followed in their case.
4. There is no job security. They can be asked to leave the job at any time.
5. Jobs are poorly paid. The workers in this sector are generally illiterate, ignorant and unorganised. So they are not in a position to bargain or secure good wages.
6. Being poor, they are always heavily in debt. So, they can be easily made to accept lower wages.