Q. What are the methods used by plants to get rid of excretory products?
To get rid of excretory products, plants use the following ways:
(1) Many waste products are stored in vacuoles of the cells. Plant cells have comparatively large vacuoles.
(2) Some waste products are stored in the leaves. They are removes as the leaves fall off.
(3) Some waste products such as resins and gums are stored, especially in non-functional old xylem.
(4) Some waste products such as tannins, resins, gums are stored in bark, thereby removed as peeled off.
(5) Plants excrete some waste products through roots into the soil around them.
(6) Plants also get rid of excess water through transpiration.