Q. What are the methods used by plants to get rid of excretory products?
To get rid of excretory products, plants use the following ways:
(1) Many waste products are stored in vacuoles of the cells. Plant cells have comparatively large vacuoles.
(2) Some waste products are stored in the leaves. They are removes as the leaves fall off.
(3) Some waste products such as resins and gums are stored, especially in non-functional old xylem.
(4) Some waste products such as tannins, resins, gums are stored in bark, thereby removed as peeled off.
(5) Plants excrete some waste products through roots into the soil around them.
(6) Plants also get rid of excess water through transpiration.
TutionTeacher: Know free answers of your school textbook. You can find the correct answer of your School textbook question here. This education portal will help in getting the NCERT solutions for your exams. Here you will get the complete question answer and solution of your textbook for your better education. Your can also ask for online study and assignment help from menu. Online test series will also help you how to learn and achive better marks in your school or collage.