Q.15: Give two important uses of washing soda and baking soda.
Uses of Washing Soda:
1. Sodium carbonate (washing soda) is used in glass, soap, and paper industries.
2. It is used in the manufacture of sodium compounds such as Borax.
Uses of Baking Soda:
1. Sodium hydrogen carbonate is also ingredient in antacids. Being alkaline, it neutralizes excess acid in the stomach and provides relief.
2. It is also used in soda-acid fire extinguishers.
3. It is used as baking powder in confectionary items like cake, pastry etc.