Q.2 (i):- Distinguish between the following in not more than 30 words –
(a) Ferrous and Non-ferrous minerals
(b) Conventional and Non-conventional sources of energy.
Conventional sources of energy
Non-Conventional sources of energy
|1. Conventional sources of energy are those sources which have been in use from time immortal.
2. They are exhaustible except hydro-energy.
3. They cause pollution when used as they emit smoke and ash.
4. Their generation and use involve huge expenditure.
5. Very expensive to maintain, store, transmit as they are carried over long distances through transmission grids.
6. Examples are – coal, natural gas, water, fire-wood.
|1. Non-conventional sources of energy have generally been identified in the recent past.
2. They are inexhaustible.
3. Generally these are pollution-free.
4. Low expenditure required.
5. Less expensive due to local use and easy maintenance.
6. Examples are – geothermal energy, solar energy, wind energy, tidal energy, biogas energy, nuclear energy.