Q. Design an experiment to demonstrate hydrotropism.
Following things are required for this experiment:
Seeds of bean, a deep tray, sand, a porous flower pot
- The tray should be big enough to accommodate the porous pot.
- Fill the tray with sand and insert some seeds in it.
- Make a pit in the sand and insert the porous pot in it.
- Fill the porous pot with water.
- Leave the set up for about a week.
After a week when seeds are taken out, it is observed that roots grow in the direction of the porous pot. This shows hydrotropic movement in roots.